THREE BEAUTIES: LOVE YOUR NAILS!
BY JASMINE HONG | FASHION | 23 AUGUST 2013, FRIDAY
Not too long ago, Three Beauties released Love Your Nails!, a line of nail-care treatment products that serve as solutions to a varying range of nail problems we typically face. From dry, ragged cuticles to soft and brittle nails that peel easily, Three Beauties has got it all covered.
Some say an immaculate manicure is the finishing touch to looking well put-together; however, a lasting manicure doesn’t come by without time and effort. The first step is simply to care for your nails. With such an extensive array of treatment solutions by Three Beauties, prepping those claws of yours to be in the best shape for slathering on nail polish doesn’t get any easier.
Oh, and did we mention? The Love Your Nails! treatment range does not contain any traces of Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde, nor Camphor, harmful chemicals that are commonly found in many nail products that help in achieving the desired finish and lasting effect. An additional 10 points!
As my peers start to reproduce at an alarming rate, they start avoiding all sorts of beauty products for the safety of their unborn children. This includes deoderant. Oh lord. But hey, doesn’t matter if she smells – as long as her nails look good while she’s clawing her husband’s arm in the delivery room.
I digress. So anyway, I really want to give an unbiased review of the this nail treatment! I honestly can’t afford to get my nails done at the salon regularly because I’d rather spend $45 on Korean BBQ, than an hour at the manicurist, inhaling all kinds of fumes when I could be inhaling the scent of marbled beef just burning at the mercy of my hotplate.
So it was godsend to receive a package of the latest THREE BEAUTIES nail treatment range! Here’s a photo of my nails before, and a week after using their Nail Rebuilding Protein
5 Quick Tips For A Lasting Manicure
Ladies, if you’re trying to save a buck a two, trips to the nail salon may not be in your plans. But that doesn’t mean you have to have shabby nails. Here are five quick tricks for a lasting manicure without the salon.
1. Prepare the surface - Swipe clean nails with a cotton ball soaked in nail polish remover. Greasiness from lotion prevents polish from adhering. Pure acetone removes the most residue, but if it’s too drying, try a non-acetone remover without hydrators like lanolin.
2. Choose the right base – Not all clear polishes are alike. A base coat is soft and sticky, so it can expand and contract with your nails and grab color. A top coat is formulated to be hard and shiny; if you put one under your color, you’ll short change your manicure.
3. Pick a pearly polish – Shimmery polishes have the longest staying power. Pearlescent formulas, with their fine mica particles, are more likely to withstand wear then matte ones. For beautiful, even color, apply two thin layers.
4. Top it off – Steer of quick-dry top coats. What you gain in speed, you lose in protection. A regular top coat is thick and slow to dry, but lasts longer and is more lustrous than thinner fast actors. Save the quick-dry a touch-up three days after you’ve painted your nails.
5. Oil daily- A dry nail and hardened polish are both like glass rods, they fracture and break easily. Oil helps keep polish from chipping and nails from peeling. Rub a few drops of oil onto your nails before bed. Your polish may look solid, but as it dries, it allows your nails to absorb the oil.